If you’re in need of having a house clearance as maybe you’re moving in, or out of a property it can often seem daunting as to where to start, but fear not, that’s what we’re here for!
If you decide to use a clearance firm like Bearwaste, we can take a lot of the strain and stress out of the process, although there are still a few things you can do to make life easier as preparation is the key.
1. List or make a mental note of what needs clearing from each individual room
2. Make it clear to the waste collector on arrival what is and isn’t to be removed
3. Bag up or box any loose or small items and, if possible place outside such as at the side of
the property or in the garage to make space for clearing bulky furniture
4. Think about what items could be given to charity such as toys, books and clothes as Bearwaste would be happy to donate these on your behalf
5. If you want to put furniture or soft furnishings outside in preparation, such as a mattress or cushions, please try to cover these or leave in a dry place such as a shed or garage as once wet, they’re much heavier to move
6. Separate out your sentimental or valuable items early to ensure there’s no mix up with waste items
7. To make the clearance cheaper, you may want to consider having a charity such as the British Heart Foundation or Save the Children collect any good quality furniture free of charge.
A few health and safety tips
1. Wear good quality gloves
2. Never lift heavy items alone
3. If possible, have a family member or friend over to help with the house clearance preparation as a second pair of hands can go a long way
So there you have it, a few hints and tricks to prepare for a house clearance and please note, Bearwaste are always here if you’d like to discuss how we can help make your house clearance aseasy and stress free as possible.
Made by Statuo